Re: [openppc] Pegasos PPC Motherboard

> As with all things amiga related, i will believe it when i see it.
>
> That said, it will be their last chance, the boxer project having failed and
> the news about the AmigaOne being scarce, so let's hope they make it right.

I do agree with your cynicism, but I can't see how the could go belly up now (I'll be proved wrong
I'm sure :-) ).

> On a side note, what do you think about this :
>
> http://www.eet.com/story/OEG20011105S0047
>
> it speak about the rapidIO vs HyperTransport choice, and in the light of apple
> being in the hyperTransport consortium, ...

I think it will be interesting to see what happens. Apple may feel that there is more support for
HyperTransport within the PC sector, compared to RapidIO. If this is the case they may be able to
tap into south bridges etc, designed for HT, and have a RapidIO <-> HT style north bridge. Also, do
I remember correctly - isn't the G5 meant to have an integrated memory controller, which removes
some of the north bridge functionality (or am I getting confused....). Specualation, but Apple might
know something we don't about the G5 / 6 line...... All in all, let's see what happens - it can only
be interesting!!

Alasdair

P.S. Anybody able to attend Amiga-2001 in Cologne?? and report back??