Re: [openppc] PowerPC based Desktops

On Tuesday, 30. Oktober 2001 6:30 pm, you wrote:

I think, the biggest problem for the success of powerpc was that Microsoft
stopped the development on porting Windows for PowerPC some years ago.
I think this was the reason for the big success of X86 architecture - an
intuitive to use desktop operating system (sorry to all the MAC-OS users, but
the policity of Apple with their OS was not very helpful to the success of
PPC).
I think this could change with LINUX.

Another Note: Intels Xscale Arm is nice, but have you ever seen an Arm with
1GHz CPU speed? Think of IBMs 750FX (1GHz at 5,7W power consumption)

Best regards,
Bernhard