RE: [ethmac] Re: Block diagram

19-Sep-00

   Maik Hi,

		The Vlan it contain 2 filed I forgot the exact name of each but they are
both 16 bit.

the first one is always 8100
the second one is
3 bit priority
1 bit tr encapsulation which will be for ethernet packet always 0
and than
12 bit of vlan number.

in respect to flow control, well I forgot the "number" which define that the
packet is flow control which try to find it later or maybe someone have the
spec and can check this number but after that come the flow control timer
which you need to load and this number is multiply of slot-time that during
this time your station need to stop trasmition.

The way almost everyone use this is send the number 0 to start the
trasmition and number f..f to stop the trasmition as it is quite comlicated
to calculate the exact time you need the other side to stop trasmission, so
simple send the above and work in sort of Xon/Xoff way.

have a nice day

   Illan