[ethmac] doing the development of a NIC

Hi there,

currently I'm working on a simple Ethernet MAC. I need it for a special
microcontroller application. If you are interessed in, please have a
look at my homepage. There I offer some pages about the Ethernet MAC I'm
still developing.

  http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~mb25/ethmac

I listen to this mailing list since a few month and have some questions:

(1) In the IEEE 802.3 standard I read the flow control is only an option
and no must. I think it's not to easy to build. Why don't You leave this
module for later improvement?

(2) Are You sure that the nine least significant bits of the destination
addresses CRC are used for multicast hashing? I didn't found something
about this in the standard.

(3) Why want You to check the length field of the incoming frame? If you
recept an DIX Ethernet frame (like all IP implementations use) it will
contain 0x0800. Also the flow control frames You allways talk about use
this field. I think only the RxDV signal can be used to detect the end
of a frame. Right?

If You need some information about the IEEE 802.3 standard, I've got one
for the job I mentioned. I would be lucky to help You !!!

Thanks and best regards
Maik Boden