Re: [oc] CAN core

Legality is always a big issue for writing cores and providing them (e.g. via
the internet). A good example is the I2C core. Fully patented by Philips. Yet
it is available via OpenCores, Philips even supported costumers who use the
OpenCores I2C core (though they would much rather sell their own). As far as
the patent is concerned, Philips doesn't care who developed or provided the
core, as long as the user (IC manufacturer) pays the fees.

I guess the same is true for CAN. If you're really in doubt contact Bosch and
talk to them, they (usually) don't bite ;-)

Richard