[oc] Ensim WEBppliance in violation of GPL

I am a web hoster.  I am currently using Ensim's control panel product.
After several request to get the source code to key components of thier
software application I decided to review thier licensing status.

They main issue that they have is that they link thier program with GPL
code.  Here is a snipplet from the GNU gpl-faq

Question: You have a GPL'ed program that I'd like to link with my code
to build a proprietary program. Does the fact that I link with your
program mean I have to GPL my program?

Answer: Yes.

You can goto http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#LinkingWithGPL
for the complete GPL FAQ.

You can goto http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html for the complete
GPL license

The following programs are GPL in Ensim's Webppliance:  Proftpd,
MySQL, phpMyAdmin just to name a few.

In v 2.x of thier product they linked it with Linux Red Hat 6.2, another
GPL program.  Making the current version a dirivitive of that license, also
GPL.

I tried to work something out with Ensim to allow them to mend their
ways without hurting their company or thier industry but they refused.
Yesterday I lodged a formal license violation compalint with GNU.  It
should not be long before the web hosting community has a very strong
open sourced GPL control panel option.

Nick Powers