Re: [oc] New Spartan II Development Board Coming Out - The best IMHO

Hi

Tony Burch design looks great.

For those interested in something open source. I have finished a small FPGA
development
board and put the design up on www.openh.org. The project is called
SOCPLAT1.
Its built around the SPARTAN-II 144 pin device and includes the following
extras on a
PC104 sized board.

SRAM upto 512Kx8
Flash upto 1Mbytex8
VGA connector with 64 colors
small uC reset controller
SMD clock
Serial port with RX,TX CTS and RTS
Stereo output connector (for those single bit DACS)
Some LEDS and switches
16 pin header for an extension board.

I am busy on the next revision of the board to try and cut the costs a bit
i.e. drop the Xilinx PROM for a CPLD accessing the system flash, SDRAM
instead of SRAM. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

Later

Alan
www.openh.org