Re: [oc] file organization

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, John Dalton wrote:

> The question of file organisation is
> related to what I have just posted on
> a server for cores.  I spotted this thread
> after my server post.
>
> Some suggestions.
>
> 1)
>
> Instead of a simple heirarchy, I would suggest using
> a relational database.  For example, a cordic core

We are already using relation database (MySQL).

> should have the property 'cordic' attached to it.
> That way it could be grouped with all other cordic
> cores.  At the same time alternative groupings would
> be possible such as behavioural, structural, vhdl, verilog,
> pcb design and so on.  Everything that can be done with a
> heirarchy can be done with a relational database (+ lots more).

We are planning to implement such grouping.

Having another property 'cordic' is very similar to Blue Beaver's
suggestion to push all the projects one level down the hierarchy:
Arithmetic core -> CORDIC -> CORDIC core. This is good solution if we are
going to have a lot of projects (more than 200??).

I am not sure how many projects should our database contain? If you check
out sourceforge.net there is a lot of projects without any file released..