Re: [oc] CODES

Sorry, I really can't help myself...I'm calling the Style, Simulation
and Synthesis Police to give you a good wrap over the nuckles :)

1. use different case for keywords.  Indent more...make it easily
readable.

2. only refer to the libraries you actually use and avoid non ieee
ones.  Most rtl can be done with just 2 libraries, ieee.std_logic_1164
and ieee.numeric_std. These are supported and approved by ieee.

3. Don't mix counters in with state machine...results in slow bloat.
Counters should be in a separate process with control signals from the
state machine.

tony

quoting Deepak George <deepak.g@angelfire.com>:

> Hello
> My name is Deepak George. I am new with the open core concept but i
have
> been dooing VLSI Designing for some time now, I want to put some of
my code
> on it.
>
> Please tell me how to contribute to the codes at opencores.org
> you will find my codes at
> www.geocities.com/deepakgeorge2000/index.htm
> www.geocities.com/deepakgeorge2000/alu8bit.htm
> www.geocities.com/deepakgeorge2000/DMA.htm
> www.geocities.com/deepakgeorge2000/cam.htm
> These are code for a 8 bit ALU, DMA controller and a 256 * 8 Content
Access
> Memory respectively.
>
> Hope to hear from u soon
> Regards