Re: [oc] i2c project

> Hi Mr Renet,
>
> I 'd like to participate at your project. I am an ASIC designer, i 'd like to get involved in various design.

Hi to all,

After some month of silence for both professional and personnal
reasons i'm back.

For I2C core the original idea was to use the block diagram from
the motorola MBUS (found in the ColdFire Family) because it's
quite clear and translate easily in states machine.

I found that Xilinx (formely ColdRunner) had the same idea, and
they offer a VHDL master/slave core in one of their application note
but there is no information about license. It's really difficult (at least
for me) to not reuse the code i've seen for this function, so the
question is can we take the code from xilinx or is it worth to look at
a different approach ?

Frédéric Renet
Mipsys
19c Av des Indes