[oc] FIR

Hi

It's not entirely appropriate to do a dedicated FIR filter unit, your
MAC unit would be more than suitable for the task, for increased speed a
dual MAC or more could be used. Of course with a dedicated FIR filter
the multiple MAC output's can be merged so you end up with one big carry
save adder tree, but I cant see that it is entirely necessary.

On the DSP front some dedicated HW like Add Compare Select unit for
viterbi decoding, complex multiplication (for de-rotation and
equalization of quadrature signals) and similar ideas.

One thing you could check out, it's a bit basic and I'm sure it could be
improved on, is http://www.massana.com/product.html#FILU

Regards

Sinbad wilmot