This page is not up to date
The new page is located at top10-racing.org.
We desperately need a webmaster to update and operate the new site.
Please contact me if you are up to the task: email@example.com
What is it ?
TOP10 is a Go-Kart simulator running under GNU/Linux and MS-Windows 9x. It's
intended to be realistic and easy to play.
Below are the implemented features:
Here are the planned features:
- 3d using OpenGL (requires a 3d accelerator)
- Single player, race against the clock
- Stereo sounds
- Track editor
- Controlling with keyboard, joystick, driving wheel, joypad
- A real track: Mariembourg.
- Force feedback. See there for the IForce feedback driver for GNU/Linux.
- Network multiplayer
- Two players on the same computer
- AI-driven karts
- Qualifications + racing
- Weather types: sunny, cold and foggy
I am a lazy programmer, so I would be glad to get help from you people. Specifically:
- .rpm packages: I only make tarballs, no nice installable packages.
- Tracks: I need people to model tracks. This is maybe the #1 priority right now.
- Testing: Yep, it's always good to hear how top10 crashes, even if that's painful for me...
Thanks to Benoit "berlingue" Roche for all his models and art,
to Jonathan "John Connord" Helguera for the new web site (in preparation, coming soon),
to Pascal Giard and Atte Timonen for attempting and even succeeding in making nice clean .deb packages
from my messy sources.