Freehoo is a freely available GNU messenger for Yahoo! protocol. It is console based application with a geeky "readline" and "guile" interfaces.
| A complete Users/Developers Guide to Freehoo 3.4.1 in
* Freehoo 3.4.2 released on [Nov 26 2006]. Added
new hacker-romance.scm extension and migrated to newer Guile APIs.
* Freetalk 0.5 released on [Dec 11 2005]. Freehoo team implemented Freetalk client for jabber and Google's Talk IM environment. Jabber is a open-standard protocol and much better than Yahoo's proprietary IM protocol.
* Freehoo 3.4.1 released on [Jul 02 2005]. Addition of /history command, bug fixes, auto-convert ? to / upon tab..
* Freehoo 3.4.0 released on [May 15 2005]. Mainly bug fixes. Command prefix is now / instead of ?.
* Freehoo 3.3.0 released on [Mon Mar 28 2005]. New dictionary based auto-complete and pipe extensions. And some bug fixes.
* Freehoo 3.2.0 released on [Wed Mar 9 2005]. Better readline handling and bug fixes. Introducing Anand Avati, new member of Freehoo core team.
* Freehoo 3.1.0 released on [Wed Nov 17 2004]. New extensions and bug fixes.
* Freehoo 3.0.0 released on [Thu Sep 9 2004].
* Freehoo 3.0.0 CVS version works. Viswanathan rewarded with additional project maintainer title and admin rights. We are well within the release schedule.
Well, I chose Freehoo as my favorite messenger client for the
console, because it has a fantastic readline interface, the tab
completion is context sensitive, and because of the great
extensions. Through the latter Freehoo provides the excellent
capability to act however you want.
-- Kai Ruemmler
| Download the latest source tarball of
| To compile and install Freehoo
refer to INSTALL.txt
|Anonymous CVS Access|
| To checkout the latest CVS version of
Freehoo, follow these instructions.
# export CVS_RSH="ssh"
# cvs -z3 -d:pserver:email@example.com:/sources/freehoo co freehoo
# cd freehoo
# ./configure --prefix=/usr
# make install
|Guidelines to submit a Patch|
| # ls
# diff -pruN freehoo freehoo-hacked > patch
Mail the patch as inline mail message to freehoo-devel (@) nongnu.org
with subject: [PATCH: freehoo] actual subject
| To subscribe to Freehoo developers/users mailing list visit https://savannah.nongnu.org/mail/?group=freehoo
| Access to latest Freehoo CVS
|Contributors [sorted alphabetically]|
| Send you general queries to Anand Babu
<ab (@) gnu.org.in>