Flashcarbon Game System
Flashcarbon is a Free system for developing games.
- Hydroponic, a game engine. This can be considered to be the server
of the client-server pair of Flashcarbon.
- Full scripting capability. The Hydroponic engine is designed to
support a wide variety of controlling programs. In fact, it has
several features of a Virtual Machine. It has its own bytecode,
which it expects to be fed from an external program.
- Hydroscript is the
current language being designed with a Hydroponic compiler. It's a
simple, object-oriented language designed with the features
necessary for a fast and flexible game.
- I, too, love the <LI> tag. :)
- Multi-platform graphics. Hydroponic contains an internal
graphics abstraction layer designed to allow it to output graphics
in a number of native and abstract formats, such as SVGAlib (Unix),
DirectX (Win32), and OpenGL (multi-platform).
- Some more that I can't think of right now. I'm currently
working on a design document for Hydroponic and Hydroscript which
should be a lot more interesting than this site is.
Official Flashcarbon Web
Site - This is more a PR site than anything. It refers to
Flashcarbon as a company more than a product... I should get around to
changing that... :)
That's the site where all the news and stuff is. It's got just a little
too much attitude for the GNU people, I think, so I'm leaving it on my