Enigma is developed by a small group of volunteers. We all work on it in our spare time, which is naturally scarce. If you would like to help out, you're always welcome. If you are interested in contributing to Enigma, please subscribe to Enigma's development mailing list.
Getting the development version
Enigma's Subversion repository is now hosted on Berlios. For anonymous access, simply run
svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/enigma-game/trunkPlease contact us if you need write access to the repository.
Here is a list of open tasks, most of which we currently don't have the resources to tackle ourselves. We definitely need your help with these. If you have the necessary skills and some spare time, please consider helping us out.
- Translation. As of version 0.90 Enigma has proper support for languages other than English. If you would like to help us localize Enigma to your native language, please contact us. Easy
- Better graphics. We're currently lacking in the arts department, as you may have noticed. If you have more talent than we have, we'd be only too glad to replace our sprites, logos, and other images with better ones. Easy-Medium
- Network game. This is a big and non-trivial undertaking. If you like challanges and have some experience in network programming, feel free to contact us. Difficult
- Integrated Level editor. This has been requested by many users, and would in fact be a great addition. It's a good deal of work, but reasonably easy. Medium
- Real 3D graphics. Enigma still uses the same graphics model already employed by Oxyd and Rock'n'Roll more than ten years ago. An updated display engine that makes use of current 3D accelerators has the chance to boost the image quality and the gaming experience. Requires good OpenGL knowledge. Difficult