Babe is a framework for providing end to end reliable brokering of diverse
data types, independent of the transport protocol being used.
Babe is hosted by Savannah. CVS
information, mailing list information, and other Babe related information can
be found at http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/babe
Babe is currently available via CVS only. Official distributions are planned
once we become an alpha project.
- 6/16/03: Code update and new documentation
- There is some new documentation available
here as well as a bunch of new source code in CVS. Things are moving along
slowly, but they are moving along.
- 1/21/03: Babe 0.0.3 available for download
- New for 0.0.3
You can download the latest version of Babe from CVS or from here.
- Boolean Logic for configurations
- New (almost completed) API for input and output modules
- Updated existing modules to reflect API change
- Other changes, see ChangeLog
- 1/13/02: Babe 0.0.2 available for download
- Lots of development happened over the last two weeks. Check the
ChangeLog for more details. You can download Babe from here or from CVS. The
latest version is known to compile and run on FreeBSD, GNU/Linux, and Solaris
- 12/29/02: EBNF for Broker Rules
- The EBNF specification for the broker rule language is up for review.
You can check it out from CVS or view it here:
This specification will be used for writing rules for data brokering, so
please submit any comments, questions and suggestions to the Babe coredevel
mailing list email@example.com. It is especially important to get
feedback if people can find deficiencies in the language, as it will be easier
to make those changes in the design phase.
- 12/14/02: Babe available via CVS
- Babe was imported into CVS at Savannah, and is available. Please check
here to find out
about accessing it.
This is as of 12/14/02 the development plan for Babe:
- Finalize rule language
- Finalize core API
- Complete scanner and parser for rule language
- Integrate scanner/parser into core
- Rule language API finalized and integrated into core
- Logic mechanism for rules integrated into core
- Daemon modified to take advantage of logic mechanism and rule
- Other improvements to daemon (threads, etc.)
- Language for knowledge representation designed. Used to deal with
semantic mapping issues from loosely typed data to strongly typed data.
Babe is developed by the Babe
developers. For questions about Babe send E-Mail to